Saturday, July 21, 2012

My First Custom Order

So, something super exciting is about to happen!  I've finished my first custom ordered afghan, and I'm going to be delivering it next week.  Custom orders are great because the client ends up with exactly what they want, and there is very little guesswork involved.  The client was great in that she knew what she wanted and communicated it well, and then let me figure the rest out to make it look good.  I'm excited to see her reaction to the finished product.  I hope it's everything that she wanted.  I chose to use the same wide border as I did for the Thin Mint Blanket.  I'm going to call this the Oreo Blanket.

Anyway, here's what I made:
Chain  242, then work Stitch 8 until work reaches the desired length.

Border: (brown)
Round 1: sc around, 3 sc in corner
Round 2: dc around, 5 dc in corner
Round 3: sc around, 3 sc in corner
Round 4: (dc, ch 1, sk 1) around, (dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1, dc) in corner
Round 5: sc around, 3 sc in corner
Round 6: dc around, 5 dc in corner
Round 7: sc around, 3 sc in corner
The color pattern was 1 row of gray, (2 rows of brown, 2 rows of gray) repeated, ending with 1 row of gray.

I made this with I Love this Yarn Coffee and Graybeard yarn with a J hook.

2 comments: